Consultation and loan hours
Monday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Thursday: 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The teachers and students of the Superior Conservatory of Music of Málaga are users of the loan service.
Loan application form
To access the loan service it will be necessary:
- Be registered as a library user.
- The loan will have a duration of 15 days and a maximum of 2 copies, although it may vary depending on the type of user.
- The loan application document must be sent to the email email@example.com. Subsequently, the user will be informed of the availability and pick-up time of the books.
- To return the loan, it will be done within the Library's public service hours without an appointment.
Loan renewal (Not available due to COVID)
The Loan Renewal of copies can be carried out, remotely, using the model available for this purpose in the library, and depositing it in the Mailbox located at the entrance of the library.
Download the loan renewal form
Rules for the use of computer equipment
- Users will take the utmost care in the handling and use of computer equipment and all complementary infrastructure. They will avoid carrying out any action that, voluntarily or not, could damage the physical integrity of the facility (destruction, theft, transfers, etc.)
- Preference will be given to the user who wants to consult the library database.
- In the event that there are several users requesting the service, the order of arrival will be followed, and prior notification to the librarian.
- The time of use will be 10 minutes per student.
- The user agrees to use these resources for exclusive use of the Conservatory's own work, for the purposes of Research, Teaching and Administrative Services.
- Activities with illicit or illegal content of any kind are totally prohibited and, particularly, disseminating content or propaganda of a racist, xenophobic, pornographic, sexist nature, advocating terrorism or violating human rights, or acting to the detriment of the rights to privacy, honor, one's own image or against the dignity of people, in accordance with the manual of behavior in the use of computer systems and communications networks of the Administration of the Government of Andalusia (annex to these regulations).
- If any type of anomaly is observed, the person in charge of the library or the Conservatory management must be notified.
Bulletin No. 1
Library - Legacy "Carlos Gómez Navarro"
Knowledge—and books are the symbol par excellence of the accumulation and transmission of knowledge—belongs to the category of things that do not reach their true being except when they flow. Its flow, and not its occlusion or stagnation, seems an indispensable condition for the expansion and conservation of the living. It is a trait that knowledge mysteriously shares with other more visible realities, true primordial substances, very powerful symbols, like gold or blood: that movement is part of its positive nature, and retaining them entails impoverishment and destruction.
Well, on Monday, February 9, 2009, María Lina García Ortega, widow of our good friend Carlos Gómez Navarro, multiplied that capillarity essential for the good circulation of the material and spiritual goods that populate every corner of the world. With a gesture that paid tribute to one of Carlos's last express wishes, María Lina donated her husband's personal library to the Conservatorio Superior de Música de Málaga. A treasure of some two thousand volumes that are a clear testimony of the intellectual curiosity, breadth of vision and fidelity in the vocation of someone who was always, by training and by intimate love, a philologist, a brilliant disciple of that teacher of teachers who was Manuel Alvar López.
We are what we remember. And we are also the way in which that memory is modulated, since remembering is essentially a creative act. Thus, perhaps without knowing it, María Lina and Carlos have sought a musical ending for those millions of printed pages that they have wanted to entrust to us. María Zambrano said that “music is the goddess that serves memory,” and memory, “nurse” and “mother of thought,” is what this donation ultimately passes on to us. Living memory that we, in turn, must circulate.
There is no dissonance in this transmission, in this thickening. The poetic word, of which this library is a constant echo—because it bears witness to those who loved it deeply, it and its servant disciplines, such as Philology—is also in itself, as Zambrano wanted, “memory, remembrance, plainchant.” ”.
Thank you, María Lina, for sharing Carlos's memory and yours with us. Now that we are repositories and transmitters of that memory; now that we have agreed one more degree, for the sake of your generosity, with that iron, unwritten law, according to which everything that is not given is lost; Now, then, that you have enriched us with these two thousand drops of gold, of blood, of memories - since memory is like the light and the life-giving fluid of conscience - we want to assure you, Carlos and you, that we are going to fulfill the duty to guard that wealth by sharing it, that we are going to be, as he wanted, a complete link in the golden catena of knowledge, and that this conservatory, it does not need to be repeated, is more than ever what it has always been, your home.
Diario Sur Review